Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bike Lanes on 18th Avenue

This is less a county issue, and more of a city issue, but I think it is a positive for our community.  On Wednesday, I stopped at City Hall to see the plans for the reconstruction of 18th Avenue south of Decorah.  Since I live right on 18th, 2 blocks North of Decorah, I wanted to see what the plans looked like.

While there, I found out about an effort to gather private funding for a project to paint bike lanes on a few of the streets in West Bend, including 18th Avenue north of Decorah.  I'm not an avid biker by any stretch of the imagination, but I definitely like the idea.  If they can get everything together, the very wide section of 18th avenue in front of my own house would have a bike lane painted there, improving safety for bicyclists and created a marked parking lane. 

Since it would be privately funded, I see absolutely no negatives with this proposal, and think it would improve the quality of living.

For info on the group that is raising this money, visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/BikeFriendlyWestBend/

No comments:

Post a Comment