Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Friday, September 23, 2016

Update-Reliever Route

As I have previously stated, I have not yet taken a position on the reliever route.  My official positions remains:

Until a proposal is finalized and brought to the full county board for review, I am not going to take a position on this issue.  In the meantime, I am doing some independent fact-finding.

What I have done so far:
  1. I met with the County Administrator, and the reliever route was one of the topics we discussed.
  2. I have reviewed maps of the proposed route, as well as the locations of Hartford's industrial districts.
  3. I drove the existing highways that follow alternative 11.
  4. I have discussed the issue with 4 former County Supervisor three of whom were opposed to the reliever route and one who said he/she could support it if certain conditions were met.
  5. I have reviewed the concerns expressed in the nearly 100 letters and e-mails I have received on this issue.
  6. Today I spent an hour sitting at the intersection of highway 60 and highway 83 in Hartford observing traffic.
  7. I remain in communication with residents in my own district, to gather their thoughts on this issue.
  8. I have reviewed the previous proposal that came before the County Board in 2005.
  9. I have been in communication with the Chairperson of the No Reliever Route Committee, Melissa Kratz.  We had an excellent conversation and I took away a lot of information about the potential negative impacts of the current proposed reliever route. 
  10. Today I also reviewed the Town of Addison's resolution 2016-17, opposing the planned reliever route.
  11. Today I also began reviewing the  information for next week Wednesday's Public Works Committee meeting.
  12. I will be presenting some follow-up questions related to the reliever route to the County Administrator.
I continue to work on fully understanding this $15-$20 million dollar proposal, so that I can make the best and most educated decision on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment