Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Announcing My 2018 Reelection Campaign

Hello neighbors, tonight I officially announce the start of my 2018 re-election campaign.

I was elected in 2016, and during my first 2 years, I have accomplished a surprising amount.

  • I led the effort to switch County Board meetings from daytime to evenings, which will take effect in May and increase accountability and community access to County Board proceedings.
  • I led the effort to prevent a package of 7 regional tax increases, including a “Vehicle Miles Tax,” all designed to support Milwaukee’s trolley and commuter rail aspirations as part of the “Vision 2050” regional transportation plan.  This tax package could have cost each resident of Washington County approximately $250 per year in additional taxes if allowed to be fully implemented.
  • I authored a resolution supporting Senator Duey Stroebel’s effort to end the dark-store loophole, which right now allows national retailers to shift their property tax burdens to homeowners and small businesses.
  • I worked to ensure the sustainability and potential for growth of our County park system, including the golf course, for future generations.  Due to levy limits, our park system was potentially at risk, but by removing them from the tax levy and making them self-funded, their future is secure and we can even look towards offering new amenities at our priority parks like the Eisenbahn Trail, Ackerman’s Grove, Yahr, Glacier Hills, Sandy Knoll, Heritage Trails, and Homestead Hollow.
  • I worked to make County government more efficient and helped reduce the County property tax rate to the lowest level in 100 years.
  • I worked to provide strong County support for the groups in our County that fight the heroine epidemic, including the Heroine Task Force and Elevate.


But there is more work to be done, including:

  • Reducing pay and perks for County Board Supervisors (yes, I think we are overpaid).  I supported reducing our pay and eliminating per diem pay earlier this year, an effort that needed just 2 more votes.
  • Continuing to make our County Government smaller and more efficient.
  • Ensuring the retention of quality County Employees in a labor market that is projected to soon see a shortage in skilled workers in most segments of the economy.
  • Working on plans to grow the services offered at our priority parks like the Eisenbahn Trail, Ackerman’s Grove, Yahr, Glacier Hills, Sandy Knoll, Heritage Trails, and Homestead Hollow.  That growth may include camping, dog parks, disc golf courses, playgrounds, and other amenities.
  • Ensuring the sustainability of critical services in our Sheriff’s department, our Human Services Department, our Veteran’s Department, and the more than 300 residents who live at Samaritan.
  • Continue to adjust services that were identified by the priority-based budget system to ensure their secure future for our County.


I ask the voters in my District to re-elect me, so that I can continue the work I began 2 years ago.

Thank you


Christopher D. Bossert, County Board Supervisor

No comments:

Post a Comment