Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Another Campaign Promise Kept (and exceeded)


Yesterday I kept another promise from my 2018 campaign.  

In March of 2018 I promised:

I promise that, as long as the History Center remains committed to working towards significantly decreasing their reliance on County Funding, I will be an ally in supporting them and their efforts.


Yesterday that promise was fulfilled beyond expectations.  The County Board finalized an agreement that will support the History Center in becoming a fully self-sustaining member of our community.  This will save the County millions of dollars over the next 25 years, while preserving our history as well as the public use of the old courthouse building.  I am thrilled to join 23 other County Board Supervisors in supporting this win-win solution.

While I was critical of the History Center in 2016, they are now bravely embarking on a new future, one which I am thrilled to support.  They are going to be implementing a variety of changes that the community will find exciting and engaging.  They will also preserve the old courthouse building for future generations and ensure it remains a public resource.  I cannot wait to see them finalize this transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment