Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 19th Board Meeting

The April 19th board meeting was really 2 board meetings.  First, the outgoing board held their last meeting.  Several annual reports were given, including the County Sheriff, District Attorney, and Clerk of Courts. 

The most important thing that occurred in this meeting was the postponement of consideration for chapter 23, which affects the zoning of shorelines.  I know that the final version of chapter 23 went out very late, and this is a very important issue for anyone who owns lakefront property in Washington County.  The last thing we want to do is adopt rules, have those owners rely on those rules, and then change those rules 2 months later, so giving the board another 2 months to review the rules is prudent.

The 2nd meeting was the first meeting for the new board.  I was called to my desk and sworn in, and we began the process of electing a new chairperson and executive committee.  Based on what I know so far of the other board members, I think we elected a pretty strong executive committee. 

When it came time to approve resolution 1, a commendation for Ralph Hensel, I made a point to try to be on the record for advancing that resolution.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for Ralph, and his admirable service over 14 years for District 3.  I was recognized by the chair as seconding that motion, which I appreciate.

I have had a chance to speak with both Supervisors Michalak and Gundrum about my preference for being assigned to the Administrative committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment