Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Saturday, April 16, 2016

My First 180 Days

During my first 180 days in office, this is what my agenda will be:
  • Begin to fully familiarize myself with the board, along with its procedures, processes, and committees.  I plan to do a lot of information gathering during this period.  In order to be effective, I need to first become fully familiar with the board's operations. 
  • At the April 19 board meeting, I do not plan to run for a position on the executive committee or any committee chair person.  There are many experienced county board supervisors, and as a first term board member it isn't practical to expect that I would be prepared to chair any committees.
  • Begin to gather information related to economic growth.  Specific areas of economic growth that you, my neighbors, have told me are important include allowing Fleet and Farm to operate out of a bigger location and bringing a Target store to our community.  I do want to also look at other opportunities for economic growth, identify the counties role in identifying and supporting any economic development opportunities, and identify barriers to economic growth.
  • At the end of my first 180 days, I plan to the situation and begin making my plans for the next 180 days.
I look forward to serving our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment