Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Sunday, October 23, 2016

United Way

I don't normally talk about my giving, so this is unusual for me.  I received from the county a card with the opportunity to donate part of my salary as a County Board Supervisor to the United Way.  Looking at the groups I could dedicate my money to benefit, I saw several worthy groups that I have become more familiar with through my work on the human services committee, including the Heroin Task Force, Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and Friends of Abused Families.

I have done some work with the Heroine Task Force.  I also know that Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and Friends of Abused Families all lost some or all of their county grant money.  So I have decided to donate 1 month of my salary as County Board Supervisor, approximately $550, to the United Way.  I also chose to direct those contributions to these organizations (Heroin Task Force, Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and Friends of Abused Families).

I am doing this because, now that I am in the public eye a bit more, I decided that this would be an opportunity for me to lead by example.  I ran for County Board with the interest of serving our community.  Sharing part of my salary is one way I can do that.  These are all very worthy organizations, and I encourage everyone who can give to the United Way at their workplace to consider increasing their donation, and directing that increase towards these organizations.

1 comment:

  1. You are a good man Chris. Always have been, always will be. Proud of you bro!!!

    ReplyDelete