Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Friday, October 14, 2016

More Reliver Route Work

The reliever route is a proposal that carries a significant pricetag, with many of the alternatives coming in around $20 million.  With a pricetag that high, I don't want to make any mistakes, so I am putting in a lot of time to gather as much information as possible.



This afternoon I spent almost two hours meeting with Scott Schmidt, the County's Highway Commissioner.  It was a very informative meeting, and I am very thankful to Scott for dedicating so much time.



We discussed each of the 5 routes that I see as viable, and what the benefits and challenges of each route were.  He also showed me maps and costing analysis for each of the routes that were looked at back in 2005, which included some southern options.  We talked about the southern options, and the potential costs ($20 million in 2005 dollars, probably $30-$40 million in 2016 dollars) and challenges associated with these options.



I walked out with new concerns about the reliever route, and whether it makes sense from a cost/benefit perspective.


Based on our discussion, I have decided to eliminate route 1 from my priority list.  That makes my current list:
  1. Route 4 (inside Hartford route)
  2. Route 7 (Arthur Road route)
  3. Route 9 (Exit Highway K, transition to Arthur Road)
  4. Route 11 (Highway K)

No comments:

Post a Comment