Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Campaign Announcement---1st Promise for the 2018-2020 Board Session

In the lead-up to April's election, I am going to be releasing a series of campaign announcements.  Today I make my first campaign announcement, a promise for how I will vote on an issue during the 2018-2020 board session.

I promise that I will reintroduce Resolution 13, a resolution that proposed ending per diem pay for County Board Supervisors, and reducing County Board Supervisor pay by $600 per year (from $6,600 to $6,000 per year).  I believe County Board Supervisors are overpaid, and that per diem payments are wasteful and incentivize County Board Supervisors to hold unnecessary meetings.

Resolution 13 needed 18 votes for passage, but only got 16 votes.  I was one of the 16 votes in favor of reducing our pay and eliminating per diems.


No comments:

Post a Comment