Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Saturday, March 24, 2018

I’ve Kept My Promises from 2016


In 2016, when I first ran for County Board, I made some promises to my neighbors, and I’ve kept every one of them.



I Promised to be Skeptical of Regional Cooperation with Milwaukee and to Oppose Funding Milwaukee’s Trolley

I’ve kept this one.  When I ran in 2016, I knew that anytime Milwaukee started talking about regional cooperation, what they were usually trying to do was to get surrounding communities to fund their extravagant and unnecessary projects like the trolley (streetcar)

When we were asked in 2017 to endorse the Vision 2050 Regional Transportation Plan, I viewed it with a skeptics eye.  I reviewed it extensively, to make sure there was no financial commitment, or funding for the trolley.  When I found that the plan did contain a regional tax structure, and that those regional taxes would fund Milwaukee’s trolley along with other commuter rail projects, I didn’t hesitate.  I alerted the rest of the County Board, and led them in unanimously refusing to endorse that portion of the plan.


I promised to be fiscally responsible

In my view, being fiscally responsible means avoiding deficit spending, reducing debt, not raising taxes, funding the essential functions of government, developing a sustainable financial plan, and lowering taxes when possible.  Working with the other members of the Board, Washington County has now been rated AAA by Moody’s and now has the lowest tax rate in 100 years, while all of the essentially functions are government are still funded.

I Have Protected Our Parks

Our park system is one of the things that makes our community great.  Protecting our park system doesn’t mean what I thought it did back in 2016.  Levy limits forced the previous board to implement a Priority-based Budgeting System, which put our park system in jeopardy.  The only solution that guaranteed the survival of our park system was to make them self-sustaining.  I supported that decision, and opposed leaving our park system with an uncertain future.



Because I have kept my promises, I asked you to re-elect me on April 3, so that I can keep the promises I have made for the 2018-2020 board session (which you can read at https://district3bossert.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment