Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Human Services Committee Vice-Chairman

Today I was nominated by Chairwoman Deiss to be the Vice Chairman for the Human Services Committee.  I accepted the nomination and was elected to this position.  I am excited for this opportunity, and for this endorsement of my efforts from my fellow County Board Supervisors.

Former County Board Supervisor Les Borman had been the vice-chairman for the committee for the last 2 years.  I look up to Les, and his professional approach to helping oversee the Human Services Committee.  I also have learned a lot from Les over the last 2 years.  With the changes that were made to the structure of the Standing Committees, and the new duties the Human Services Committee is taking on that statutorily must be performed by elected officials, Les was unfortunately no longer eligible to remain the Vice-Chairman for the Committee. 

Les will be remaining on the Human Services Board, which will now be a portion of the duties of the Human Services Committee, and I look forward to continuing to work with him and learn from him.  I also look forward to continuing to work with Sara Malchow of the United Way, and new-comer Jessie Kroening as Human Services Board Members.

New County Board Supervisors joining the Human Services Committee included Frank Carr (Buzz) and Richard Bertram.  Both of them brought a lot of great insight to today's meeting.

2016 Legislative Breakfast hosted by the Heroine Task Force.  Seated with me are current County Board Chairman Don Kriefall, Former West Bend Mayor Mike Miller, Current Assemblyman Rick Gundrum, and Current Human Services Committee Chairwoman Kristine Deiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment