Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Committee Assignment

I just received notice of my Committee Assignment for the next 2 years, and I will be on the Human Services committee.  That committee is chaired by Kristine Deiss of West Bend, and also has Joe Gonnering and Dawn Eyre, as well as 3 citizen members.

Human Services was my second choice, and at one point was my first choice (there is a part of me that had grown sick of H.R. issues after 18 years of being immersed in them).  Human Services is an important committee, since it controls roughly 25% of the County budget.  Some of the matters that come before the committee are only approved by the committee without going to the full board for approval.  As well, in the next 2 years there may be significant funding cuts for Human Services, and managing that process to ensure that all of the critical resources remain intact will be very important. 

The previous Human Services Director, Jim Strachota, is in my district so he is a resources I might occasionally tap into.  If I remember correctly, Ralph Hensel was on the Human Services Committee and will also be a resources for me (my apologies if my memory is wrong).

The committee assignments will become final after being voted on in the May 10th meeting.  The first meeting of the Human Services committee will be on May 19th at 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment