Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Monday, May 16, 2016

Human Services Committee---First Meeting

This Thursday will be my first meeting on the Human Services Board.  For me, I plan to ask a lot of questions so that I can get up to speed as quickly as possible.

There will be 2 key items on the agenda:

1.  Election of a Vice-Chair.  From a realistic perspective, I would be surprised if I received consideration for this position.  That said, I would not turn down the Vice-Chair if neither Dawn or Joe wanted it.

2.  Residential Services for High Risk, High Need Client.  Essentially, right now the county is paying $1,289 per day for this client to be treated at Winnebago Mental Health Institute.  He is being allowed to transition into a community-based arrangement that may help his recovery while providing some cost savings to the county.  Coming into this situation mid-treatment, I want to make sure that we have fully reviewed this arrangement to make sure that it presents more positives than negatives in relation to the treatment, and make sure that any risks have been minimized.  I also want to look at the additional profit the vendor is requesting, and see if that is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment