Scrolling Banner

Thank you for re-electing me! - - - - - I was elected to be a visionary for our County's future, not a guardian of the status quo. - - - - - I was honored to represent Washington County at a White House Conference in August of 2019. - - - - - I strive to be one of the most approachable County Board Supervisors - - - - - I want to increase cooperation with the City of West Bend, including consolidating services, to free up money in the City budget to help fund road repairs

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mileage

I have worked a lot of jobs, and I have never received mileage for driving to work.  once I am at work, if I have to drive between locations, I'll claim mileage for that driving, since it is part of the job and only benefits my employer.

As a County Board Supervisor, there is an allowance for me to claim mileage for driving to and from County Board Meetings.  I live 3 miles from the County building, and drive a Prius.  I don't feel right claiming mileage to get to work under those circumstances, so I have decided not to claim mileage in those instances.  It just doesn't seem to make sense to me to get paid mileage to go to work.

I don't want this to in any way be a negative reflection of the other supervisors, all of whom were told during their new supervisor orientation that they were entitled to mileage.  Many of those supervisors drive longer distances to get to work.  I just don't see it as appropriate for me to claim mileage in my circumstance.


No comments:

Post a Comment